Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Embracing the Sunlight of a New & Improved Life

Something has come over me within the last few days. I find myself seeking a life I haven't allowed myself to have in the last few years. I was on a mission for reinvention and self discovery and I may have in turn ended up losing some of myself within that process, hiding in my own shadows. I think I used the excuse a lot that I was just trying to do me for awhile.  Although I still have a lot to learn about myself (I think I always will, it is an evolving process), I am starting to become more sure of who I am and who I want to be in the world. Now, many people may say, you're thirty-three, shouldn't you have these things figured out already? My response quite simply...no. I think it took all of my experiences, good and bad, to get to this point and really feel comfortable in my own skin. I don't think I will ever be rid my insecurities and doubts, but I know what I want in life now and what I need. I know now that I can't be afraid to put myself out there. I need to live in the moment. Carpe diem and all that.

I had always envisioned a life for myself that just never panned out. In a way, I am thankful for that. I see now, it never would have truly been my happily ever after. The new revision of life I want for myself has more depth, more soul, and more drive. And yes, the revision still includes my prince charming and my happily ever after. I have not given up on my fairy tale romantic notions.

As I step forward out of my own shadows and look around, I am nervous. Yet, I have never felt more compelled to walk forward into the light and bask in the new experiences and life lessons which will surely follow. As I begin this journey, I know that I have a long way to go, but I am filled with excitement and anticipation that this is going to be a year that I will never forget...

Until next time...xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we never truly find ourselves, its all about our experiences that shape us. Kudos to you for continuing the search and working to be your best each day. I think we should be judged on character not on our very best day, but on our worst day.

Anonymous said...

It will all happen for you. Just be patient and enjoy the journey!