Friday, October 17, 2008

Re-Invention

When I was a little girl I had such romantic notions on how true love should be. I believed in "happily ever after" and prince charming. It's saddening how jaded I have become about the whole situation. I am a 29 year old woman who finds herself thrust back into the world, single and not quite ready to mingle. It's such a strange place to find myself in. When you are part of a couple for as long as I have been, the word "me" seems so foreign and lonely. I can't imagine loving someone that deeply again without being afraid of getting hurt. As if being alone would be easier. But, don't count me out as a spinster just yet, I believe I will find love again.
It may seem odd that I would post something so personal and intimate about myself here. But in an odd way, I feel as if I am cleansing my soul, eradicating all the bits and pieces stuck inside me that are holding onto to what "used to be". It is as if my words on the screen make what is happening more real and it is allowing me to find peace with it all. My relationship with Malakai has been somewhat of a rollercoaster ride, ups and downs, highs and lows, too many twists and turns.
Our love affair started when I was 16. The football player and the cheerleader, we were destined to be the stereotypical "high school sweethearts". So young and naive to think I had found "the one". I held onto him like he was the only prince charming in all the land. But, I believed and loved with my whole heart until it hurt, a quality I still pride myself on for the most part. Coulda, shoulda, wouldas...do I regret the length and history of him and I? Well...no, I am the woman I am today because of it. He taught me so much and it wasn't as if the entire relationship was doomed, it had its really wonderful moments for a long time.

I do know however, that I lost some of me in the whole relationship process. I lost the girl who was independent and confident. I hadn't been really taking care of myself because I was always so worried about Malakai. His demons became mine...until now. Taking a step back I look in the mirror today and think...where did you go? Come back and get back in the game of life, it's time to live for you now.

So here begins the blog of an almost thirtysomething, beginning again, starting over. I always assumed I would start this blog once I got married, but since that isn't happening anytime soon, why not start now? I invite you to join me on my journey of self-discovery as I begin to re-invent myself and attempt find love again in this city of angels.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You are whole, perfect, strong, powerful, loving, and harmonious. Embrace this change...It's time to fall in love with yourself...and God too, 'cause He's waiting...

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!

xoxo Trinh

Anonymous said...

I love you Trisha and so proud that you have taken a step to better yourself...I admire your courage because it takes a lot of faith to step out of your "comfort" zone to stand up and leave behind someone you once loved so so much!

Anonymous said...

Trisha, you are so deserving of that Prince that will sweep you off your feet. This is your time to re-evaluate and assess what the future holds for you. We don't always know what the future holds, but HOPE and FAITH is what you must never let go of.
Love,
Tea

Anonymous said...

You are on a beautiful journey to rediscovery. Who you are? What you want? And to truly find Trisha again.

Also, you are an awesome writer. Keep it up! You really write very well. :)

~Heather

Anonymous said...

You're really brave for doing this blog. I admire you. You are so strong! You deserve happiness and I am positive you will get it. You are such a good person Trisha and you will find love.

Anonymous said...

It's been years... but you still are and will always be the Trisha that I laughed with, cried to and loved to be around.Life has many challenges all of which you can and will overcome.Learn from LOVE, Mr. Right is out there and when you meet him HE will be the one that will never want to let you go.

Xitalho said...

your blog gives me such inspiration. Keep spirit..and be ur self.

Anonymous said...

I really feel for you and so proud of you for sharing something so important and very personal for us to read and learn from.I wish I was half as brave as you to write down my feelings for people to read.I admire your courage.YOu are beautiful and I do hope that you will find MR RIGHT soon.He is out there and stay strong and take care.PS have u ever thought about try to rekindle it with your ex???because to me it seems like you're still inlove with him.What if he thinks of you too but havent got the courage to talk to you about you.Because I have a friend who was in the same situation and act upon it and they are not happily married..you guys make a cute couple just so beautiful...OK take care for now and keep blogging I love reading it...

much love CArissa montgomery

Anonymous said...

I really feel for you and so proud of you for sharing something so important and very personal for us to read and learn from.I wish I was half as brave as you to write down my feelings for people to read.I admire your courage.YOu are beautiful and I do hope that you will find MR RIGHT soon.He is out there and stay strong and take care.PS have u ever thought about try to rekindle it with your ex???because to me it seems like you're still inlove with him.What if he thinks of you too but havent got the courage to talk to you about you.Because I have a friend who was in the same situation and act upon it and they are now happily married..you guys make a cute couple just so beautiful...OK take care for now and keep blogging I love reading it...

much love CArissa montgomery&nadja bernard