Sunday, October 26, 2008

You Can Count On Me

I have received so much positive feedback from my first blog, it's a bit intimidating. Thank you so much everyone for your support and praise, it really made me smile. I plan to make this a weekly update blog and so I hope it does just that..you know, update you on my life and thoughts...but I hope it does so much more than that. I hope to inspire, to amuse, to make you think, and really I hope to make you laugh. After all, I love a good laugh.
Whenever times get tough we depend on the people in our lives who care about us. I know recently I have leaned on and at times pretty much collapsed on, my family and friends. The beauty of it is that they have been there to listen to me, to wipe my tears, to tell me it will get better, to make me laugh, and to keep me from having a raging pity party. Without them, this whole break-up scenario would be so much worse then it already is.
It's really amazing who comes through for you when you go through something bad. Sometimes the people who show up for you are surprising and sometimes the lack of certain people...is pretty disappointing. I know better then the next person that we all have struggles, we all have important things going on in our lives, but honestly, if you can't be there for a friend in their time of need, if even in a small way, who are you there for? And when it comes your turn to lean on someone, who do you expect to be there for you?
Philosopher and poet, Ralph Waldo once said
"The way to have a friend is to be a friend".
So true...

When it is all said and done though, it goes back to love. I love my family and friends and I would never want to take them for granted or see them suffer. The love we show one another can make a difference and however small or large that difference is...it impacts our lives. Do you really want to be the person who has had the least amount of impact on the life of someone you love?
I hope not...because...

I don't mean to sound preachy or condescending in any way, I just think we all need a reminder sometimes to make certain people in our lives higher on our priority list. And if we chose not to that's okay too, as long as we don't expect to be very high on theirs either.

Whatever the case may be, I am grateful for any and all support that has come my way. Those of you who have been there for me in whatever capacity, you know who are...thank you from the bottom of my heart, it means so much more to me than words could ever say. Please know that in your times of need...you can count on me as I have been able to count on you.

Until next time...xoxo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN SISTER!! You are awesome and when you hurt, those closest to you hurt too. Thank you for being such a strong and encouraging friend! Things will only get better from here...I'm excited to see what this next year brings.

xoxo,
Your Homegirl fo' Life!
Dan Dan

Anonymous said...

i love how you are blogging for everyone to see, you are WAAAAYYY braver than I... Congrats on the new job btw ;)

paulntara said...

hey sweetie, i just heard about the new job! they are lucky to have you! congrats and we luv ya!