Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I Love Me

My mind has been a blank canvas the last couple of days, hence why I have not posted. I could blame it on my busy credential program or to the fact that I am beginning a long term sub job, but deep down I know it is more than that. Moving on with your life after such a big change does something to your soul. It pulls it back and forth between the past and the present. I'll be getting along just fine doing some odd chore or task and then...BAM...a flash of my life a few months ago or ten years ago, pops into my head. It slows me down, makes me think, it hurts my heart. I know I am doing the right thing, but that doesn't mean it doesn't come with a price to pay. Becoming an independent person, free from the constraints of a relationship, feels a bit wrong. Maybe that didn't come out the way I intended. I have always been a two person unit, the decisions I made affected us both and vice versa. I am a monogamous creature by nature, I crave the closeness of a committed relationship. So to make a choice free from worrying about how it will impact my other half is so bizarre. I have always been so "in love" with the idea of love that I never took into consideration that someday I may not be anymore. Love yourself...I hear that a lot lately and trust me it weighs heavy on my heart. I mean I want good things in my life, I want to be happy, so I'm pretty sure that means I love myself. I wouldn't have made the decisions I have in the last couple of weeks if I didn't right? I have come to realize that...YES, I do love myself and I have taken some pretty big strides to remind myself of that. Co-ed softball, boot camp, the Dream Center, going to concerts, reading a good book, hanging out with my family and friends...it's all ways I try to remind myself that I love "me". So in turn I hope that you, whoever you are, reading this blog 'o mine, also makes the time to remind yourself that you love "you" too! Because we're worth it!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo!
Thank you for making me smile again. I love "You" too.

Anonymous said...

I heart you my Phisha! Your blogs always puts a smile on my face :)

Anonymous said...

MFNT ~ Truly, sweetie, you have ALWAYS been the most amazing, wonderful person ~ so glad you are discovering that again... love you, love you, love "YOU"!!

Anonymous said...

Nat said...

I ALWAYS LOOK FOWARD TO READING YOUR BLOGS...THEY REMIND ME OF WHAT IS IMPORTANT IN LIFE...THANK YOU FOR REMINDING US ALL OF THE LITTLE THINGS THAT WE TEND TO TAKE FOR GRANTED...:) MISS YA